Sunday, December 1, 2013

Devolver, 2013-11-30, The Winner's Circle, Hanover, PA



     Hello everyone. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I had plenty of food, football, (Yes, my coach cheats and what an Iron Bowl!), family and friends. But the highlight was the return of the 3 headed beast known as Devolver for the first time in 1100 days

Devolver, 11/30/13, Winner’s Circle, Hanover, PA

Soundcheck: Cowgirl in the Sand, Highway 29 (partial)
Set I
Edge of Town, I’m a Man, El Nino, Laughing Clown, Glasshawk, Shakedown St (with mini vocal jam, and I’m stretching the definition of that), Everything Comes Around, Bogey>Time, Cross-eyed and Painless>Café Latte

Set 2
Turnaround, Monkeyman, Pedalic Sax, Karma Police>Funk II, Sneakin’ Sally*>Edge Reprise, Miss You, Side of a Mountain, Psycho Killer, Rockin’ in the Free World>Looking Blind
*with Taps teases
    Mad props to Mr. Frank Vecera for running the sound. That place was really packed. I don’t make every show at the Circle but I have never seen that many people in there. So great to see so many old friends out and about.
     For not playing in 3 years and only a rehearsal Saturday afternoon, they sounded amazing. The telepathy was still there and the sound was great, much better than Kclinger’s. With the Circle’s new half, it allowed people to hang that maybe didn’t want to be up front dancing.
Thanks again to Tommy and the staff at the Circle, Josh Perkins and EyeDeal Productions, and Zach, Josh and Andy for fitting this show into their busy schedules. I hope this becomes an annual event again, but maybe next time with Kyle and NARB.
   And thank you for everyone coming out. Late nights are a lot harder as we age and those of you with kids have it doubly tough. And don’t forget, I will be continuously adding Devolver shows to the Archive for the foreseeable future.

 Yup, that about sums up how I felt about the night

Dave Kemp
BA American Studies
PhD Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment