Sunday, March 6, 2016

It Was Almost 20 Years Ago Today : Blues Traveler, Live at Stone Ridge Pavilion, Bristow, VA Oct. 9th, 1995

     Hello everyone. Hope you are celebrating the anniversary of the return of Phish back in 2009. But I'm going back a little further today. Back to 1995, to a show I forgot about until I was going through my old ticket stubs. Kempepedia is proud to present It Was Almost 20 Years Ago Today, Blues Traveler Live at Stone Ridge Pavilion, October 9th, 1995.




This was the second and last time I got tickets for free through a fan club, the first time being here



You can stream it here

     We almost missed the the unannounced opener Mathew Sweet but Adi heard his jam and was really geeked. Bradford Marsalis' Buckshot LeFunk came on next and they were good. But the highlight was of course Blues Traveler. They were riding high on their new found MTV fame but still managed to squeeze in some of the older tunes that I liked better than most of the stuff on their album Four. It was cool to get an Imagine encore for Lennon's birthday.
     Sorry, but not a lot to say. I have a bunch of shows like this where I really don't have too much recollection. But that's OK, I have many more details for the important stuff i.e., Phish and Widespread Panic

Dave Kemp
BA American Studies
PhD Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment