Sunday, August 28, 2016

Winter House Band, Live at Miscreation Brewing Company, Hanover PA, Aug 27th, 2016 early and late show

     Hello everyone. A quick one this morning as we celebrate the birthday of one of my favorite guitarists, Mr. Andy Miller. The Winter House Band threw down not once but twice so here you go.


Winter House Band, Live at Miscreation Brewing Company, 2016-08-27a

Set 1
Dark Hollow, Cassidy, It Takes Alot to Laugh, Midnight Moonlight, Bertha

Andy and Ben acoustic entire set

Set 2

Jack a Roe, Don't Let Go>Tangled Up in Blue, Under My Thumb, Everyone Knows This is Nowhere, Cold Rain and Snow, Franklin's Tower

     The boys played an early show for Travis' sister Lindsey's Birthday. Happy birthday! The acoustic set was a rare treat. Don't think I ever saw them do Dark Hollow before. The second set was full of energy and the transition into Tangled was really good. I love Under My Thumb, Andy sings it with just enough bile and spite. Everyone saw Travis take a turn on vocals and Franklin's was a nice upbeat way to end the show.

Winter House Band, Live at Miscreation Brewing Company, 2016-08-27b

Set 1
Althea, Railroad Blues, Half Step, It Makes No Difference, Me and My Uncle, Scarlet Begonias>Sugaree, Brown Eyed Women, Ramble On, Tomorrow Is Along Time

Set 2
Harder They Come, Jack Straw, He's Gone>Nobody's Fault Jam>Loose Lucy, Eyes of the World, Deal

     I love when they cover The Band. Me and My Uncle was a pleasant surprise. Again, an impeccable segway between Scarlet and Sugaree. The thing I love about WHB is everything is uptempo, even the slow and delicate stuff. The Nobody's Fault Jam might not be worthy of having on the setlist ie, it was just a tease, but it was there and I loved it. Eyes had the breakdown from the Wall of Sound Era that I relish. And Deal end it on a high note.
     Happy birthday to Andy and everyone have a safe Labor Day weekend as I am off to Colorado to see Phish. Last time I went it was 2012. They did the Fuck Your Face show and this was the weekend that people marked as the time Phish made the turn in 3.0 to all the awesomeness that followed.

Dave Kemp
BA American Studies

PhD Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment