Sunday, October 30, 2016

It Was 20 Years Ago Today: Phish, Live at the Bryce Jordan Center, University Park, PA Oct. 17th, 1996

     Hello people. I have a couple quick shows to go over from the Fall Tour of 1996. No, I wasn't smart enough to get myself down to Atlanta for Halloween. Just a few shows that were close to the home base. Here is the first one

It Was 20 Years Ago Today: Phish, Live at Bryce Jordan Center, University Park , PA Oct. 17th, 1996.
     It felt good to be back at Penn State to see Phish again. My old roommate had moved to a new apartment and that is where we stayed. I definitely remember making tea and drinking it as we made our way across campus. My seats were right down front in the 6th row. Some clown next to me pulled out a syringe before the lights went down. He talked to the security guards and was then led away.




[1] Phish debut.
The Star Spangled Banner made its Phish debut at this show.
You can stream it here

     This one was a weird show. The first set was more like a second set. There wasn't a ton of jamming anywhere. The Tweezer went out there but again, nothing too memorable. And very little flow as well. But nothing more to say. I wasn't kidding when I said it was quick.

Dave Kemp

BA American Studies

PhD Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment