Sunday, October 30, 2016

It Was 20 Years Ago Today: Phish, Live at the Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, PA Oct 18th, 1996

    Back again with another quick one. I can't explain my memory, how some shows I have near total recall and others, well, let's say I have definitely skipped some blog posts of shows because I really don't remember anything. But I always remember Phish!

It Was 20 Years Ago Today: Phish, Live at the Civic Center, Pittsburgh, PA. Oct. 18th, 1996.





Soundcheck: My Mind's Got a Mind of It's Own, Billy Breathes

Set 1 : Runaway Jim, Guelah Papyrus, The Old Home Place, Cars Trucks, and Buses, Stash, Strange Design, Divided Sky, Billy Breathes, Taste, Sample in a Jar

Set 2: Suzy Greenburg>Maze, You Enjoy Myself, Waste, Harry Hood

Encore: Julius

YEM included teases of Peter Frampton's Do You Feel Like We Do.

You can stream it here

   Standard fare for the era. Again, no real flow. But it was only the third show of a long tour, so it is somewhat to be expected. Highlight of the ENTIRE show was the Maze. You really need to listen to it. It gets its own write up on Phish.net. Around the 10 minute mark, right as Trey is building up the “tension/release” peak of the song, some guy ran onto the stage. He avoided security and lept off of the stage into the front rows. That's why the crowd is flipping out well before the apex of the song. 

Check it out here

Audio only, but its a soundboard.

     And there you have it. I only say 2 shows on Fall Tour '96, but I made up for it with 2 shows on the NYE run. Rock and Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave Kemp

BA American Studies

PhD Rock and Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment